Certified mediator and lawyer Bernhard Böhm
Attorney Bernhard Böhm has been working as a mediator since the end of the 1990s and is an expert in conciliation procedures, mediation and extrajudicial conflict management. With this early specialisation and clear focus, he has extensive practical experience even in complex conciliation and mediation proceedings. He is thus one of the few lawyers in Germany who focus exclusively on out-of-court conflict mediation. Although admitted to the bar, Bernhard Böhm does not, as a matter of principle, handle mandates as a biased lawyer. This clarity of roles allows a neutral view and impartiality.
Bernhard Böhm is a recognized conciliation office according to the Saxon Arbitration and Conciliation Law. In addition, he fulfils the requirements of a certified mediator according to the German Mediation Act.
- Mediation within the company and in the administration (e.g. between managers or executives and employees)
- Team Mediation
- Mediation in organizational development
- Moderation of “delicate” feedback discussions
- Implementation of mediation in the company
- Mediation and moderation in the public sector/citizen participation
- Supervision of mediators
Bernhard Böhm studied law at the universities of Gießen and Leipzig. He completed his legal clerkship in Leipzig and at the German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer. In addition, he studied postgraduate social behavioural sciences with a focus on industrial and organisational psychology and environmental psychology. His training as a mediator included further training in mediation at the FernUniversität Hagen with a focus on business mediation and mediation in the public sector. Furthermore, he is one of the first graduates with the academic degree “Master of Mediation” in Germany. Training as Supvervisor (mediationsanalog) at Mediatio Heidelberg.
Bernhard Böhm works as a speaker and trainer for mediation, conflict management and communication. As a training manager and trainer, he developed the Steinbeis training concept together with his colleague Dr. Gernot Barth many years ago and has been training mediators in Germany and Austria ever since – in “free courses” as well as for companies such as ZF Friedrichshafen AG. Lectureships at universities and universities of applied sciences, numerous publications, the accompaniment of studies and international projects on mediation underpin his claim to operate at the interface between mediation practice and science.
- Editor of the trade magazine “Die Mediation”
- Advisory Board of the journal European Review for Alternative Conflict Solution and Dispute-Resolution (ERADR)
- Editor of the series on the theory and practice of mediation at Schneider-Verlag
- Co-author “Einvernehmlich planen und bauen” in the publishing house Steinbeis Edition
- Co-author “Financial communication – opportunities through credit mediation” at Bank-Verlag
- Regularly author of articles in various professional journals
- Appointment as arbitrator of the Mediation and Conciliation Board of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Leipzig
- Founding member and long-standing board member of Steinbeis Mediationsforums e.V.
- President of the Out-of-court Dispute Settlement Body for Consumers and Entrepreneurs e.V.
- Member of the German Mediation Council of the DFfM e.V. (until 03/2020)
- Forum for Business Mediation e.V., Hof Trages near Frankfurt/Main
- Member of the German Society for Mediation DGM
- Working Group Mediation in the German Bar Association
Bernhard Böhm is a registered mediator according to the Austrian Civil Law Mediation Act and is thus included in the list of mediators at the Austrian Ministry of Justice. In addition, Bernhard Böhm, like all German lawyers, is entitled to represent clients at all local, regional and higher regional courts in Germany.